Sunday, May 4, 2008

Lovin' Cup Revisited

There are very few songwriters who can evoke descriptive passion as well Mick n' Keith. Their songs can only be described as crotch movin' music, but perfect lyrics drive the message like a stake through the heart. As I was listening to Lovin' Cup for the upteenth time (both the cuts from Exiles and Shine a Light) some of my favorite lines are as follows, but to get the full effect, you would of course, have to listen to the albums:

I feel so humble with you tonight,
Just sitting in front of the fire.
See your face dancing in the flame,
Feel your mouth kissing me again,
What a beautiful buzz, what a beautiful buzz,

This reminds me of how we meet people in our lives and are able at times to share only what seems like moments. There are times when we are able to become so passionate about living and people with whom we share our live. We can vividly picture the times we kissed or held someone and the intense emotion of that encounter, that beautiful buzz that carries us until the next time we are able to share time together. Those able to recreate that feeling whenever they are together and can truly feel that almost psychic connection, are very blessed.

When we have that connection and can feel the pure, unadulterated emotion of the moment, everything around us disappears. You can be standing in the middle of a restaurant in Atlanta, on a sidewalk in Manhattan, or that famous Parisian Street that spell check won't let me get away with, and the entire world disappears. We then live for the next time you can feel that person next to you and able to look into their eyes and see bliss. I have thought on many occasions that I had entered this higher state of love, only to realize the moments were not right or my perception was off base. All I can hope for is that if there is any future potential for an emotional connection with any person with whom my path has crossed, that the universe provide me guidance and that I am able to recognize the moment.

The question becomes how do we keep this emotion alive. Can we have the same passion every time we see this person. The routine becomes mundane, but only if we choose this path. As we worry about bills, the price of gas, sick loved ones, what is going to happen to my future, We tend to take those most important for granted. We seem to lose interest and transform into those poor souls who sit at dinner or in front of a T.V. and utter ne'er a word. This does not mean that there is no love, but life without passion is lived in a perpetual coma. When we do wake from this state we find that life has passed us by and this realization may come at your deathbed.

I have thought on many occasions that I had entered this higher state of love, only to realize the moments were not right or my perception was off base. All I can hope for is that if there is any future potential for an emotional connection with any person with whom my path has crossed or will cross, that the universe provide me guidance to recognize what I have before me.

So, we must always be conscious of our loved ones and their desires. As we walk in the park, we must again enjoy every part of nature and savor thoroughly our existence.(Unless your park has too many of the fuzzy tailed rodents) Only when we realize the happiness in ourselves, can we attain that beautiful buzz that intensely loving another is meant to bring about,

So Sez Sax.......

No comments: